Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Scott Pendleton Scott Pendleton is offline

Default Very important: What OLE Server replaced MS Photo Editor?

On the one hand you refer my question to the Programming sub-newsgroup, andon
the other you talk about menu selections, as if programming were not involved
but rather a user interface question...

Let's get right to the code that gives me a package object instead of a photo:

Dim oWord as New Word.Application
Dim oDoc as New Word.Document
Dim oRange as Word.Range
Set oRange = oDoc.Content
oDoc.InlineShapse.AddOLEObject
DisplayAsIcon:=False,Filename:="C:\MyPhoto.jpg",Ra nge:=oRange

If you do not have Microsoft Photo Editor installed, Word will not recognize
the Jpeg and so will insert it into your document as a Package Object,
represented by an icon, instead of as a photo that is displayed as a photo.

Now, if some other OLE Server were associated with JPEGs, then I'm sure that
would work fine instead of MS Photo Editor. So, is there one for Office 2003+
users? Or do they have to go back and reinstall MS Photo Editor?

Hope this is more clear.

Thanks,
Scott

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Scott,

You may want to use the link below to also post this in the Word Programming discussion group. In general pictures aren't inserted
in Word as Objects (Insert=Object), because of the overhead but via Insert=Picture=From File, which may preclude the issue you're
seeing. The setting in Word 2003 for Tools=Options=Edit for 'Picture Editor' defaults to Word after Word 2002.