Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor

Default What does it mean "margins outside the printable area of page"?

Many printer drivers are poor with custom paper sizes. For this exercise set
the page size as US Letter (8.5" x 11") and the orientation as landscape.
Add 5.5" to the left margin and your page is the narrow bit remaining for
you to type in. Feed the paper into the printer from its wider edge.

phoebe wrote:
I need to print on paper that is 5 1/2 wide by 8 1/2 long on a hp
photosmart 1115 series printer. The margins are set at 2.75 (top),
0.75 (bottom), and
0.5 (left and right). I keep getting an error message saying the
margins are outside the printable area of the page. How do I fix
this? Can I print on this size paper with this printer?