Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Mathews Bob Mathews is offline

Default convert word with mathtype to pdf = symbols lost

On 4-Aug-2006, Lucas wrote:

I have a word document in which I use the pazomath (symbols)
font (PFM file type) in word itself as well as in Mathtype (style -
define - LC Greek = UC Greek = pazomath). If I convert the
document to PDF using acrobat or 'PDF Creator' the symbols
used in Mathtype are lost and the (exact same) symbols
in plain word are not. Is this familiar to anybody?

Lucas, you need to embed this font into the PDF. That's not too
complicated a procedure with Acrobat; I'm not sure about PDF Creator.
I'd also recommend embedding MTExtra. We have an article on our web
site about this:

http://www.dessci.com/en/support/support/tsn/TSN69.htm

Bob Mathews bobm at dessci.com
Director of Training
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType 5
Design Science, Inc. -- "How Science Communicates"
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaide