Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default How do I get postnet bar code using the mail merge feature?

While Doug's answer provides the perceived wisdom relating to bar codes, and
the viability of the codes produced, it is still physically possible to put
postnet barcodes on envelopes by using a barcode field on the envelope, to
create a barcode from the Zip field. You may then have to merge to a new
document and update the fields in order to produce the bar codes in a manner
similar to http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_graphics.htm Whether there is
any point in doing so is something that you should take up with your postal
service.

Mitch wrote:
I can't create a postnet bar code on envelopes when I use the mail
merge feature. I am printing out 100 letters with envelopes and would
like to use the postnet bar code feature on the envelopes.