cheddacheeze cheddacheeze is offline
Junior Member

Default Captions which include chapter numbers

Hi,
I have been having trouble in formatting captions for a very long project. I want it to include the chapter numbers on my pictures but whenever i change the chapter number, all the top captions change with the same chapter numbers

These are the steps i have undertaken

Changing the heading:

Giving the first chapter caption

After the caption is changed for chapter 2 for the 2nd picture on the top changes to figure 1.1.1

And when i change the caption to the next chapter level by doing this:

the first picture changes to figure 1.1.1.1, the 2nd figure changes to figure 1.1.1.1 also while the last picture i captioned it also becomes the same figure 1.1.1.1 as shown below

please help.... my project report is way too long to reference by hand