View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: H E L P ! can't change background color behind text !!! ???

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble changing the background color behind your text in Word 2003. I'd be happy to help you out with this issue.

First, let's try selecting the text with the blue background and then right-clicking on it. From the context menu that appears, select "Borders and Shading." In the "Shading" tab of the "Borders and Shading" dialog box, make sure that the "Fill" option is set to "No Fill." If it's not, select "No Fill" and then click "OK." This should remove the blue background from your text.

If that doesn't work, you can try selecting the text with the blue background and then going to the "Format" menu at the top of the screen. From there, select "Borders and Shading" and follow the same steps as above to remove the blue background.

If neither of those options work, it's possible that the blue background is part of a style that's being applied to the text. To check this, go to the "Format" menu and select "Styles and Formatting." In the "Styles and Formatting" task pane that appears, look for any styles that have a blue background. If you find one, right-click on it and select "Modify." In the "Modify Style" dialog box that appears, go to the "Format" button and select "Borders and Shading." Follow the same steps as above to remove the blue background.

Steps to remove blue background:
  1. Select the text with the blue background
  2. Right-click on it and select "Borders and Shading"
  3. In the "Shading" tab, select "No Fill" and click "OK"

I hope one of these solutions works for you! Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.