Stefan Blom

Other things to try follow. To be safe you can either work an a copy
of your original document, or close the document without saving if you
don't get the desired result, or press CTRL+Z to undo the most recent
action.

Copy the replacement symbol to the clipboard. In the Find and Replace
dialog box, enter the symbol to be found in the Find what box. And
then, in the Replace with box, type ^c. Click Replace All. Does this
make a difference?

If even that doesn't work, make sure you also apply the correct font:
With the cursor in the Replace with box, click More. Click Format, and
then Font. Click the Font tab. Make sure you specify the font
containing the symbol, and click OK to close the Font dialog box.
Click Replace All.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Millan" wrote in message
Yes, but without any success. The iserted symbol was the same as in

replace
window, i. e. "square".

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Even if the symbol isn't displayed correctly in the Find and

Replace
dialog box, it should be correctly inserted into your document,

when
you click Replace. Have you actually tried to perform a Replace

yet?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Millan" wrote in message
I have in my document hundreds of symbols, e. g. "greaterthan"

which
I would
like to replace to "greaterthanequalto" ones. When I use replace

functin in
Word, the symbol copied from text and inserted to replace window

does not
display correctly and I see the "square" character only. Can

anyne
help me
how to force Word to replace also symbols? Many thanks in

advance.