Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How to extract email addresses from a word document or htm web page?

Run the following macro when the document containing the email addresses is
the active document
Macro to extract all of the email addresses from a document
Sub CopyAddressesToOtherDoc()

Dim Source As Document, Target As Document, myRange As Range
Set Source = ActiveDocument
Set Target = Documents.Add
Source.Activate
Selection.HomeKey Unit:=wdStory
Selection.Find.ClearFormatting
With Selection.Find
Do While .Execute(findText:="[+0-9A-z._-]{1,}\@[A-z.]{1,}", _
MatchWildcards:=True, Wrap:=wdFindStop, Forward:=True) = True
Set myRange = Selection.Range
Target.Range.InsertAfter myRange & vbCr
Loop
End With
Selection.HomeKey Unit:=wdStory
Target.Activate
End Sub

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,
I'm in trouble because I'm trying to find the way to extract some
e-mail addresses that are in a .doc document I have that I also have in
txt format or .htm format
The word document is several pages and he has a lot of e-mail addresses
that I cannot just copy and past with the search tool because they are
too much.
How do I do to extract all the email addresses from the word document?
Thanks!