You can't group a caption (even in a text box) with a graphic unless it is
in the drawing layer. It is much easier to work with graphics if they are
inline. You can't "lock" them together, but if you format the graphic
paragraph (or caption, whichever comes first) as "Keep with next," they will
stay together in the normal course of events.

If you need to wrap text around the graphic, insert it and the caption
inline, then select both and use the Insert Frame button on the Forms
toolbar to put both in a frame. You'll need to remove the frame border
(Format | Borders and Shading), and you may need to use Format | Frame to
adjust the position of the frame.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am trying to group captions with their respective graphs or figures.
If I keep the caption as it is (without a text box) and highlight it
with its graph or figure, I right-click, but there is no option to
group them together. Or, I've tried putting the caption into a text box
and holding control as I try to select both objects, but for some
reason I can't select both. I just want to link graphs/figures with
their captions so that I can add to my paper without worrying about
them getting separated. Any suggestions?

Thanks