In the Find dialog, you can select "Whole words only." Perhaps there's a way
to modify the macro accordingly?

"Anoron" wrote in message
That is so helpful that I am planning to mention it to the rest of my

writers
guild! I do have one question though. Is there a way to make it flag only
entire words (for example it is coloring the word "very" -- even in the

word
everything)? Thanks.

"Dian Chapman, MVP, MOS" wrote:

Download the free "Word Crayon" from my site at
www.mousetrax.com/downloads.html that was build for this very
purpose...and be sure to check out the TechTrax article associated
with it for details.

You can use it to create a list of words and add any colors you want.
Then run it against any docs and you'll get the highlight notification
you want.

BTW...a newspaper editor created a cliche list as an enhancement to
it...and I plan to add that in the February issue of TechTrax
(www.mousetrax.com/techtrax) should you want to also add that next
month.

Enjoy!

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified
Editor/TechTrax Ezine

Free Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word eBook: www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:33:03 -0800, ?B?QW5vcm9u?=
wrote:

There are some words that I tend to use too much when I type. I would

like to
get Word XP to flag them in some way (highlight them, color their text,

or
something like that) so that I can easily see where and how much I have

used
them. It would be awesome if I could color-code the list. Will Word do
anything like this?