MacGyverS2000

Default Linking Fig #s from Doc A to Doc B

Word 2003 SP2 on XP...

Each chapter/appendix in one of our manuals consists of a separate document,
and I've been tasked with making it a more cohesive, easily modified (i.e.,
self-updating) chunk.

The TOC file is properly linked using the {TOC} and {RD} field codes and
works. Now I need to link in figure/chapter # references... what field codes
are appropriate for this task (an example is appreciated)?

For example, in the file for Appendix B, I may need to write "See section
C1.3.5 and Figure 4.5", with Figure 4.5 and section C1.3.5 in two other files.