Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SVC

Default closed word doc without saving...can I recover it?

You are thinking of the AutoRecover file, which is a temporary file to
restore in case of a crash of Word or your system. If Word or your system
did not crash, the recovery file has been deleted.

If you never saved the file, there is nothing to recover. If you have a
previously changed version without your most recent changes, that's the best
you can "recover".

"scoobadog" wrote:

I closed my word document and when prompted to save changes, I hit no by
accident...can I get to the last "autosaved" version? if so, how? Thanks