Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I make an existing document or pdf into a fillable one?

Even Acrobat Standard (which is what I have, and that's expensive enough)
doesn't permit creation of fillable forms; for that you have to have Acrobat
Professional.

http://word.mvps.org

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in
message ...
Adobe Acrobat (the full version, not just the free Adobe Reader) includes
a Form Tool that allows you to overlay fillable form fields onto PDF
files. Unfortunately, a full version of Acrobat is fairly expensive.
There are a number of Acrobat clones available, but I don't know if any of
them offer this particular functionality of the real Acrobat.

Jodi wrote:

I along with countless others are unemployed--in my case--even with good
skills in my profession, I've been unemployed for 5 months. I am growing
weary of printing out applications from websites and hand writing them.
There must be a way to convert them to fillable forms. Does anybody else
have that experience? I have downloaded a couple of pdf converters but
neither shows a way to convert to a fillable form.