Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie

Default How do I paste text into Word in the document's font face?

When pasting, use Edit | Paste Special | Paste: As: Unformatted
text | OK.

Xane wrote:

If you paste text into a Word document, Word always uses this "useful"
feature of retaining the original font and text characteristics. This is
terribly annoying to me to be honest, because 99 out of a hundred times, I
just want to paste the text into the document with the document's font face,
colour etc intact. (so not the original font I copied the text in from, for
example, a webpage.)

These days, I just paste the text in a notepad document and then paste that
into word, but there has to be a simple switch I can flick somewhere to just
preserve the document font at all times when pasting. Anyone know where that
is?