Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Paste Table Formats

Same here.

"Christian Nein" wrote in message
Maybe it depends on the version. I am using Office 2003 SP2.
Christian

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I'm interested in that because I found that when I tagged the second row
of
a table as a heading row, it did *not* inherit the "header row" format.

tried several different ways and never could get it to work.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Christian Nein" wrote in message
I tagged the second row of my test table as heading row. After that,
the row actually inherited the "Header row" format. But this does not
work with heading columns because there is no way to tag a column
as a heading. I afraid this means that table styles will not solve my
problem. Any other ideas that could help me solve my problem?

Regards
Christian

"Stefan Blom" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I avoid table styles too, but my guess is that a *heading* row in a
table style simply means the *first* row.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I really have no experience or expertise with table styles (see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/tablestyles/index.html for some
reasons many
people avoid them), but it would appear that if you want more than
one
heading row, you'll have to format them manually. Tagging an extra
row as a
heading doesn't seem to change the formatting.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Christian Nein" wrote in message
Hi Suzanne,

thanks a lot for that great hint. I didn't know about table styles
before.
They work fine except one problem: Sometimes, I have more than one
heading
row or colunm and I didn't find a way to extend the format form
the first
heading row or column to a 2nd, 3rd, etc. Is there a way to "tell"
the
table
style, how many heading rows and colums the table contains? Or can
I flag
rows or columns as headers?

Regards
Christian

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
This would be a reasonable use of a table style.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Christian Nein" wrote in message
Hi,

I made some settings to a Word table: background color
(Shading.BackgroundPatternColor), borders (Borders.LineStyle
/.LineWidth),
etc. After that, I have tried to paste the formats to a second
table
using
the FormatPainter. Unfortunately, the mentioned format settings
werde
not
pasted while other settings (e.g. alignment, font) where pasted
correctly.
Does anybody know how I can paste the mentioned formats to
another
table?

Thanks in advance & best regards
Christian