Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Page numbering Sections without counting Section 1 in the tota

Note that this works only if you have a single section to count. If you had
five sections and wanted to omit only Section 1 from the count, then you'd
need a different solution (bookmark and PAGEREF field).

"DarlainSanDiego" wrote in
message ...
Thank You, Suzanne!!! That worked beautifully. I will spread this
information around to all the folks who have been asking. Thanks, again
~Darla

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In the footer pane, press Alt+F9 to display field codes. Change the
NumPages
field to SectionPages. Alt+F9 again, then F9 to update.

"DarlainSanDiego" wrote in
message ...
I need to creat a file that has two sections. Section 1 is an Abstract
and
Section 2 is the Narrative. I have created the sections and inserted
page
numbering (x of y) in the footer of section 2. The Narrative is to be
no
longer than 20 pages.

The Abstract - Section 1 - no footer at all, but on the status line it
will
say Sec 1, 1/20.

Narrative - Section 2 - should have footer that says 1 of 20, etc. It
does
that just fine.. But when you manually count the actual pages, there
are
19
in the Narrative... it's counting the Abstract also. On the first page
of
the Narrative the status line reads Sec 2, 2/20

How can I make it quit counting the Abstract in the total number of
pages?