Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default will word tell me how long I have spent typing

I get the impression it stops when the window is minimized or not in focus.

http://word.mvps.org

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
Herb

I thought the timer suspended after a period of inactivity? If it doesn't,
then it is pretty useless.

Terry Farrell

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote in message
But keep in mind that the time shown just reflects how long the document
has been open. I have one here that's been open for weeks. I keep it open
as a reminder for me to work on it... which I haven't done in weeks. Good
thing nobody's being billed on the basis of what it "thinks". ;-)

--

Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Gordon" wrote in message

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
Right-click on the QAT and select Customize. Choose All Commands from
the drop down and then scroll down to 'Advanced Document Properties'
and add it to the QAT. When you need to know the editing time, click on
the Advanced Document Properties, Statics tab.

Oooh! Nice one! Thanks for that Terry - BTW, presumably you meant
"statistics" not "Statics"?