Klaus Linke

Hi Georg,

Sounds like the document really is pretty badly damaged. Sometimes, some of
the issues are fixed automatically when you save as XML (if you manage to do
that in the first place, that is).

Try to split up the file, then try to save the parts as XML first (to try
and fix any remaining corruption), then if that is sucessfull, open the XML
and save that as PDF.
If you have sections, the single sections without the trailing section mark
would be a good start.
That way, you might leave some of the corruption (at least that belonging to
sections and headers) behind.

If you have OpenOffice, maybe try to open the document there. Another import
filter might in some cases fix stuff that the Word import filter can't fix.

Regards,
Klaus

"GH" schrieb:
Thank you Klaus for trying to help me!

Converting to XML, Word hangs after some seconds. Converting to
PDF or RTF Word hangs alo after some seconds.

The background is: I have to convert to PDF and I really have problems
with the document. When I repair the document I recieve the following
repair messages:
1) Drawn Objects 1
2) Internal Data Integrity (Type 4) 1
3) Numbered Styles 1;
4) Numbered Styles 2
5) Section and Headers 1
6) Section and Headers 2

I was not able to correct this items. So I recieve the errors after the
updatings.

Thanks again
Regards
Georg