Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ,

This is by design. Back in the beta for Word 2002, when this was
introduced, I got into some convoluted discussions on the four types of
styles and what the precedence is. Basically, Table and Number styles
"overlay" the paragraph styles, but don't take predence.

Practically, what it boils down to in this case is that you MUST create
the table in a paragraph formatted as "normal" if you want the table
styles font settings to appear. Any paragraph or character formatting you
apply to text in the table will override the table style settings.

When I open a doc based on this template and create a table in a doc
based on the template, the style that is applied to the table is the
style present at the cursor where I insert the table. For example, if
TITLE style is present at the cursor where I insert the table, then the
table takes on TITLE style. If heading 5 style is present at the
cursor where I insert the table, then the table takes on heading 5
style. Word just ignores (or appears to ignroe) the font, font size,
etc) associated with the table style

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org