Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Word 2007 - Adding Own Templates

Place the templates (or links to them) in the user templates folder (as
indicated in
the File Locations dialog box) or in a sub-folder of that folder. Then use
Office button | New | My templates to create documents from those templates.

You may find it convenient to add the New button to the Quick Access
toolbar: Office button | Word Options | Customize. At "Choose commands from,"
pick "Commands Not in the Ribbon." Locate the "New Document or Template"
command and add it to QAT. Click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"RFJ" wrote:

Still getting used to the XP-2007 conversion and I'm stuck on something
/really/ basic.

I've got my own templates in a separate directory that I want to be able to
access as choices when I open a New Document - but can't find out how to set
it up and do it.

Can SKS help.

TIA

Rob