In the Insert | Reference | Footnote dialog.

"Coder Droid" wrote in
message ...
I assume you do have the footnote position set to "Bottom of page" and
not "Below text"?

You're assuming I know what I'm doing.

"footnote position" was one of the first things I searched help for and
came up with nothing. Showed me everything else I ever wanted to know
about footnotes, but not where the foot goes. So I have no idea where
this setting is.

That said, it seems like it's "bottom of page" because it's very
consitently at the bottom of the page, regardless of what else is around
it. It's just maybe a 1/2" up from where it looks like it could/should
go.

Where is this setting?

--cd