Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Morettina Morettina is offline

Default Cannot open floopy disk in Word

My parents are also encountering problems opening Word files on a new Vista
PC. These files were saved on a Windows 98 PC onto floppies using Word.
What is strange though is that even in the Vista Windows Explorer, the files
don't even show up! If they put the floppy in the Win98 PC, the files
they've saved on the Vista PC don't show up, and vice versa.

I have to say that they (and me too) have often saved files to floppy as a
backup (or to take on the road) from inside Word and never had problems with
them. I guess we've been lucky.

But what I'm stumped with is that Vista doesn't seem to even see the files
that were saved on the Win98 PC. Is there something different between the 2
operating systems that is causing this?

Marie