Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Peter A Peter A is offline

Default Can I have 1 line of text per cell & carriage return to next cell

In article ,
says...
I have a table of 33 rows, 2 columns. I'm trying to make one line of text per
cell. When the text comes to the end of one cell, instead of going to the
next cell and continuing there (which I want it to do), it continues in the
same cell and eventually disappears as it come to the end of that line of
text as well. How do I make it jump to the next cell intead of staying in the
first cell? I've tried everything that I know about. Please help me if you
can... Thanks!

You can't - that's not the way tables work.

--
Peter Aitken
Author, MS Word for Medical and Technical Writers