Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Can I use Office on the new iMac

As Joacim said, you can run WinOffice inside a Windows emulator (Parallels),
or reboot to launch Windows on the computer (using BootCamp). Not sure
whether you would need to buy a copy of Windows. Google would turn up a lot
of information on both those options--there's lots of chatter on the web
about them. Not sure whether Parallels has been updated for the very new
machines yet.

You can also buy MacOffice, which will run inside an extra layer called
Rosetta, but reports say the speed is fine, though you're better off the
more memory you put into it.
MacOffice official site:
http://www.microsoft.com/Mac
MacOffice consists of Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Entourage (calendar/email)
and nothing else--no Visio, no Access, no Project. *Don't* buy the Pro
version with a new intel Mac.

Newsgroups for MacOffice questions:
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/community/community.aspx?pid=newsgroups

On 9/13/06 3:08 AM, "Joacim" wrote:

Yes you can. But if you have no idea - you need a lot of help to get there!.

But it is COOOOL works like a charm on planet EARTH Jezebel.

You need to start at Apple site to get you going.
Try a Bootcamp Forum or a
Parallels Forum

GOOD LUCK!

"Jezebel" wrote in message
Run Office 'without problems' !? What planet are you from?

"soundsar" wrote in message
I am considering purchasing the new iMax dual-core intel machine. Can I
run
Office on it without problems?

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word