Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Madeleine D. Madeleine D. is offline

Default Convert text boxes to text

I have a very similar problem. In the document I am working on, text and
tables are placed in text boxes that are placed in drawing canvas. I need to
put everything back in a regular text format. The text boxes have various
sizes, some contain only one word and some contain almost a full sentence.
The tables are filled with a large amount of very little text boxes too... it
would take me forever to re-type everything. I was hoping to find a way of
taking out the boxes and keeping only the text and tables.

I tried to do Ctr + Q on selected text boxes but nothing happened... They
probably weren't frames. When I select one or many text boxes, a text box
toolbar appears, but I don't see the option that converts a text box to a
frame. How do I do this? Thank you very much!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Convert the text boxes to frames and remove the frames (Ctrl+Q will likely
do the latter). After you've converted the first text box to a frame (which
is an option on the Text Box tab of Format Text Box), F4 should handle each
subsequent one.

"SueG" wrote in message
I have a document with a number of text boxes in it. How can I move the
text
from the boxes onto the page, so that it behaves like ordinary text,
without
cutting and pasting every box?
Thanks