Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Print mailmerge results to individual files

GeorgeA wrote:
Hello,
I have created a mail merge and the resulting document contains individual
tax receipts for each record in the data file. I would like each receipt to
be saved as a separate PDF file in a folder with a filename called
"[firstname][lastname]" from the data file.
Does anyone know of a macro that could do this either during the mailmerge
or afterward using the data file to help create the filenames?

Thanks in advance!
George

See the €śIndividual Merge Letters€ť item on fellow MVP Graham Mayors
website at:

http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm
If you are using Word XP or later, the €śAdd-in to Merge Letters to
Separate Files€ť that I have written and that can be downloaded from that
site will allow you to create each letter as a separate file with a
filename taken from a field in the data source with a minimum of fuss.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my
services on a paid professional basis.