NZJen

THANKYOU Charles!!! I copied your macro into edit macros and it will now
bring up the toolbar as long as I run it as a macro. I still can't get
Headers and Footers to appear as an option on my View menu or in the
customise toolbars area. I have tried all the usual methods (dragging and
dropping toolbars and toolbar buttons) and ended up recreating it and calling
it HeadersFooters. As I said before it now only works as a macro and I have
assigned a keyboard shortcut to open it. I can't think how I could have
actually dragged the toolbar off the screen and then lost it!! Normally when
a toolbar is dragged around it attaches itself somewhere around the borders
of the screen and still remains visible, or can be accessed through the
View/Toolbars/Customise option! VERY STRANGE .... but at least this has
given me access to my toolbar once again! SO A BIG THANKS!
Jenny

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

I haven't seen the earlier posts. I suspect the toolbar was dragged off the
screen by mistake.

The following macro should restore your toolbar unless you destroyed it.

Sub HFFloat()
' Switch to Header/Footer View
If ActiveWindow.View.SplitSpecial wdPaneNone Then
ActiveWindow.Panes(2).Close
End If
If ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.Type = wdNormalView Or ActiveWindow. _
ActivePane.View.Type = wdOutlineView Then
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.Type = wdPrintView
End If
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.SeekView = wdSeekCurrentPageHeader
' Display Toolbar
Application.CommandBars("Header and Footer").Enabled = True
Application.CommandBars("Header and Footer").Visible = True
Application.CommandBars("Header and Footer").Top = 448
Application.CommandBars("Header and Footer").Left = 300
End Sub

"NZJen" wrote in message
Thanks for that Jacob. Unfortunately it only partly solves the problem
because I really need the complete H/F toolbar. I am an IT trainer and
use
H/F's with my trainees and use the H/F toolbar a lot, especially to show
how
to break the link between Same As Previous etc! Luckily this is only
happening with my home computer so fa. I am the only one using this
computer
so have no idea why all of a sudden this particular toolbar is not
working!
Another thing I've tried is going into View/Toolbars/Customise and trying
put a tick in the H/F toolbar there but it doesn't allow me to do this. I
guess this could be the main problem but once again don't know why it's
not
working .... very baffling!

If anyone else comes up with any other ideas to find the missing toolbar I
would certainly welcome them! Thanks all the same. I appreciate your
taking
the time to respond.

"Jacob_F_Roecker" wrote:

NZJen:

I've only got the quick fix. That's a good question. To get you buy for
now go to VIEW TOOLBARS then AUTOTEXT. This will let you get your
autotext
in the headers/footers.

I can't imagine why it's not automatically coming up. It's designed to.
Make sure you look around sometimes another computer user (my four year
old)
may have moved it to someplace where it's hiding within the window.

Good Luck!

"NZJen" wrote:

When I am inserting headers and footers in a Word document I don't get
the
Header & Footer TOOLBAR. The only thing that appears is the header
area of
the document or the footer area, WITHOUT the toolbar, which I usually
use for
inserting page numbers, breaking the links between sections etc.
HELP????