Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dean-nie dean-nie is offline

Default Searching for spaces and removing them

Hi Jay
Tried both suggestions but they didn't work. Now Find or Find and Replace
doesn't work in this file (works in another Work file) I've tried it with
reveal formatting on or off - no luck. This doc originally was exported as
an askii file - which I brought into word - should that make a difference?
Dean-nie

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Just type a space (press the spacebar once for each space). If they're
nonbreaking spaces, which appear as degree signs instead of dots, type
Ctrl+Shift+space in the box.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

dean-nie wrote:
I've exported data, choosing a tab to separate fields from an old
version of Paradox - opened it into Word. I'm trying to eliminate
the spaces between each field using search and replace. Reveal
formatting is on but there is no tab code in doc just space
indicators. What do I put in replace box - there is no code for
spaces?