Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
BradH BradH is offline

Default "Opening this document will run the following SQL command" prompt problem

Hi,
we have a mail merge template setup that when opened will show the prompt
"Opening this document will run the following SQL command:", and then when
"Yes" is clicked will import the data source for the merge.

We now need to change the name of the data source that it imports, so I've
tried opening the template, changing the data source and then saving as a
template again. But whenever I do this the SQL prompt that should come up
when it's opened no longer appears, and the data source is no longer
imported automatically.

Can someone suggest how I can change the data source correctly without
losing the SQL prompt when the template is opened?

Thanks.