dworkin

Toolman Tim wrote:

"hugh jass" wrote in message
.. .
Hello,
I've got a PDF form that is not the type with entry fields.
Instead of putting my handwriting on this, does anyone know of a way
to fill it out using my computer?
1. Can I somehow put a PDF as a background image in a Word doc so
that I can type on top of it?
2. Had someone OCR it for me, but it's too far from the original and
is cumbersome.
3. Briefly tried doing it in Illustrator by opening the PDF and
typing on top of it, but it is quite difficult to place the text and
space it so that the form gets filled on the right lines,
particularly where there are multiple line answers.
4. Is there another piece of software that can accomplish this unique
task?

Thanks for your help,
hj.

Adobe Photoshop or Elements will do it. But it won't be any different
than Illustrator. Word would be the same problem, but I believe Word
will not import PDF.

You need something that will allow you to create and edit .pdf files
(assuming the one you want to use as a template isn't protected).
Acrobat (not Reader) will do this, but is fairly expensive. I believe
OpenOffice can create .pdf files, and possibly the newest version of
Word (but I'm not sure about Word). There are other .pdf creator
programs - Google for them.

Malke
--
"That'll be 10 quid."