Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
SDS SDS is offline

Default Bug in Mailmerge Filters?

Thanks, Macropod for responding, though I am not sure you are addressing the
core issue:

How is it that I can create a filter with two rows, save it, and after
returning to the filter screen have three rows (one which I did not enter
["DateX is Blank"])? Saving again results in a 4th row, and so on. Where are
these extra rows coming from -- and how do I keep them from appearing in the
first place?

I've used mail merge filters before, and in other similar files using both
Word/Excel2007 without any issue -- including using two rows to limit based
on date. Nothing like this occurs in my other documents.

SDS
--
SDS

"macropod" wrote:

Hi SDS,

You could probably achieve what you're after by adding two SKIPIF fields to your mailmerge main document, coded as:
{SKIPIF{DateX \@ YYYYMMDD} 20081001}
and
{SKIPIF{DateX \@ YYYYMMDD} 20081031}
respectively.

Note: The field brace pairs (ie '{ }') for the above fields are created via Ctrl-F9 - you can't simply type them or copy & paste
them from this message.

--
Cheers
macropod

"SDS" wrote in message ...
I have a mail merge in WORD 2007 using Excel 2007 as a data source. I have
entered a filter that includes two lines that limit the rows to those between
two dates (e.g. DateX = 10/1/2008 and DateX = 10/31/2008). After saving the
filter, rows with blank dates appear. Re-opening the filter dialogue reveals
that a row has been added to the filters I entered that expands the filtering
to include "DateX is Blank". I removed this row and saved again -- and it
just gets added again.

Is this a known bug? Any work arounds?