Graham Mayor

Write protect the templates to prevent the templates from being altered (DO
NOT WRITE PROTECT OR SHARE NORMAL.DOT), but there is no way to stop using
adding styles to their documents.

dawn_treador wrote:
I have about 25 custom .dot files that all use the same set of
paragraph and character styles that I defined. Is there any way to
prevent users who create .doc files based on one of these templates
from changing or adding styles to these templates?

One of the useful/frustrating things about Word is the ability to
drive a paragraph or character-style change from a .doc back into the
.dot. I need to prevent this before I roll these templates out to
novice MS Word users.

Thanks for any suggestions you can provide.