Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Default This modification is not allowed because the selection is lock

If this is the same issue you posted in the other newsgroup, please stick to
ONE post for the issue. You'll drive yourself nuts trying to find all of the

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"LittleMama" wrote in message

"CyberTaz" wrote:

It sounds like you're in a Protected doc. Go to ToolsProtection & see if
there is a command in the submenu that reads as "Unprotect Document". If
you
attempt to remove the protection you may be prompted for a password.

If this isn't the issue be sure to specify version info when you respond.
Hi Cyber Taz:

There is no ToolsProtection area on my page. I have Window Vista Basic
and
that option is not available. All of the options on the taskbar are
greyed
out, even the Protect Document tab.

Any help is appreciated.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"John" wrote in message
I can open the document, but i can't type anything. I can't do anything
with
it. The bottom it says "This modification is not allowed because the
"selection" is locked."

please answer me....