Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default My resume is only 1.5 pages yet 385KB. How do I reduce the file s

Do you really mean 385 kb, which is relatively small and therefore suggests
a problem nothing to do with your document, or do you mean 385 mb which is
enormously bloated and probably corrupt?
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm

Dina_mb wrote:
I have no idea why the file size would be this big. My resume
contains no pictures and no hotlinks. It's less than 5,000
characters and only 1.5 pages long. I'm using Vista, Word 2007 and
saving my documents as 97-2003 docs. When I go to send my resume
out, it's rejected because it's too big. When I zip it, the file
size is still too large. I need to find a way to reduce the file size
in Word 2007. Please help.