Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Suzy1978 Suzy1978 is offline

Default Spellchecker not checking documents??

My parents recently purchased a new PC with Word 2003. I have been trying
for ages to work out why the spellchecker is not working wondered if someone
could help.

I have checked all the usual settings and they are all ok - they are exactly
the same as on my PC. However no matter what you spell or how the
spellchecker reports no errors. I have checked the thesaurus and that is
working ok. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall Word to no avail.

Thing is if you create a document on their PC and transfer it to any other
machine the spelling will not work for that document ont he other machine
either???

I have never seen this before and I am lost as to what to try next.