Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Spell checker thinks I'm French

SelectAll (the whole document) and go to Tools, Language, Set Language,
chose your default language, uncheck Detect Language Automatically and then
click the DEFAULT button. Answer Yes to the prompt. If you don't use French
(or any other language), I recommend that you uninstall them using the
Office Language setup tool.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Daniel Schaffer" wrote in message
I'm revising an old document in Word 2003, running in Win XP Pro SP3, and
I find that on a few pages the spell-checker thinks I'm working in French.
When I go to ToolsSpelling and Grammar, the language is indeed shown as
French. When I change it to English, it changes itself back to French.

I'd be grateful for an explanation and help in sustaining my Anglo-Saxon
heritage.

Many thanks, Dan