Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Default Macro for highlighting

Not sure about not selecting them first but the recorded code you posted
should change the default on the toolbar button

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Anthony Giorgianni" wrote in message
Thank you both. Works well. Now to finish it, how do I just turn on
highlighting tool with the appropriate color so that I can go highlighting
things without selecting them first?

Regards,
Anthony Giorgianni

For everyone's benefit, please reply to the group.

"Tony Jollans" My forename at my surname dot com wrote in message
The Macro recorder, unfortunately, is not perfect. All that does is set
the default highlight colour; to apply it to the selection you need:

Selection.Range.HighlightColorIndex = wdGreen

You don't actually need to set the default colour; the above line is all
you need and it will highlight the selcted text in the given colour
(green in this example).

I don't understand the Find and Replace bit, sorry.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Anthony Giorgianni" wrote in message
Yes, Tony

Here is what the recorder did when I tried to set it up.

Sub Green()
'
' Green Macro
' Macro recorded 1/31/2007 by
'
Options.DefaultHighlightColorIndex = wdBrightGreen
End Sub

It doesn't work to activate green highlighting; nor does it turn
selected text green.
here is one that definitely ran on office 2000 that doesn't work on Word
2003. It actually brings up "find and replace," oddly, as do all my
other old highlighter macros!

Sub Red()
'
' Red Macro
' Macro recorded 01/06/2004 by Anthony Giorgianni
'
Options.DefaultHighlightColorIndex = wdRed
SendKeys "{F5}"
End Sub

Regards,
Anthony Giorgianni

For everyone's benefit, please reply to the group.
"Tony Jollans" My forename at my surname dot com wrote in message
Can you post an example of a macro that doesn't work?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Anthony Giorgianni" wrote in message
Hello Everyone

In my old version (2000?) of work I was able to set up macros to turn
on highlighting of different colors- having toolbar macros called
"Green" "yellow" "red"etc.

But I can't seem to do it in word 2003. I've tried importing my old
macros and rerecroding as well. It just won't turn on the
highlighting. Any ideas?

Thanks.