Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan Brown Stan Brown is offline

Default Word 2007 is unacceptable and must be changed

Sun, 8 Apr 2007 11:57:41 -0500 from Beth Melton :
I suspect more will upgrade to Office 2007 than everyone thinks.

I think you're right.

In large organizations, software is typically deployed by IT
departments, and the decisions are typically made by people who don't
actually use the software in question. For some reason the decision-
makers seem to believe that "newer is better", even if they have to
pay to upgrade.

I'm not saying Office 2007 is a bad thing; I think it's too early to
say (aside from obvious flaws like slow graphics and slow
calculations in Excel 2007). But I'm saying that the quality of
Office 2007 will have only a minor impact on the level of adoption.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/