Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gadgetmumma Gadgetmumma is offline

Default Getting Wrong Characters in Word

Last night I accidentally used a key combination and did this . . .
I HaVE This fUnNy SEtTiNg oN My tYpe And i Can't FiGure ouT hOW I dId iT
I could not change it until I re-booted. I have never seen this before, and
have tried to replicate it, to no avail.

Any ideas anyone?

"Padraig" wrote:

I am having the same problem, and the solution described here does not work
for me.

"Sanjeev" wrote:

Thanks Mr. Daniels for the input. Looks like it is an issue with left
ctrl+shift being pressed by mistake. I pressed the same keys and got toggled
back to the right characters.

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote:

Don't accidentally press LeftAlt-Shift, which toggles/cycles through
the installed software keyboards.

(Or maybe you have a laptop with another language's keyboard built in,
in which case there's a key somewhere to toggle them.)

On Sep 1, 7:35 pm, "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
Check your keyboard language setting.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Sanjeev" wrote in message

After working for some time in MS Office I start getting wrong characters
from the keyboard. For example pressing "?" would bring up É .

Everything would get back to normal if I re-boot the system.

Any solutions?-