Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PD PD is offline

Default New word documents are numbered wrong

Hello there. I am running Word 2003. Whenever I click file new from within
a word doc or just open the application the document opens with a default
document number that is always much higher than the number of "new Word
Documents" I have already in that location. For instance, when you create a
new word doc by default that doc should be named "New Word document 1". When
I creata new doc it sometimes defaults to number 12, 27, 48 etc. Any
suggestions are greatly appreciated.