Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Adding Paste Special to right-click mouse option/action in wor

1. You can remove the menu item by repeating the steps you used to add it.
Display the shortcut menus, open the relevant one, and drag the command off
the menu.

2. I don't know how this might be done in PPT, but if you can get through
the same steps, I assume the result would be the same.

3. Don't expect to get support by writing to , as that is the
administrative address for the Web site; it's just for reporting problems
with the site, passing on comments on specific articles, etc.

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org

"xppuser" wrote in message
Dear Suzanne,

Thank you for your quick reply. It is much appreciated. There are a couple
more issues that I want to ask you before going right ahead to implement

your
suggestions, which seems would do what I wish it to. I should have asked

you
these issues with my previous correspondence.

1. Once I implemented the Paste Special right-click mouse action button,

is
there a way to take it off (i.e. delete it, or restoring to previous
menu/default apperance) in the future. If there is a way, how can it be
accomplished? I would appreciate a similarly detailed instructions (step

by
step guide), please.

2. I wish to do the same to the Powerpoint 2003, i.e. add the Paste

Special
to the right-click mouse option/action. I followed the steps that you
described for Word, right up to step 2, within Powerpoint. The steps seems

be similar. I have not gone beyond step 2 as I think those subsequent

steps
would be pretty irreversible and I do not wish to proceed without
understanding how to undo the steps. I wonder whether you would be to tell

me
as to whether the steps to implement (and to undo this implementation) the
right-click 'Paste Special' in Powerpoint is similar to that of Word 2003.

I am aware that my second question relates to Powerpoint and that you

might
be reluctance to answer it as this not the right section for the subject.

would be willing to re-ask this question over at the Powerpoint if you

wish.
Alternatively, I can put the answer over at the Powerpoint section since I
think the addition of this right-click menu seems to be fairly generic

one.

I have also written to urging them to add these instructions
(right-click Paste Special) onto their site.

Thank you again for your help/advice. Again, I look forward to your reply.

Regards,
jes

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The technique of adding commands to shortcut menus is not at all

obvious,
which is why I kept urging Dave Rado to add more detail to that article.
Here's what you have to do:

1. On the Toolbars tab of Tools | Customize, check the box for Shortcut
Menus. That displays the Shortcut Menus toolbar, with its three

categories
of menus, Text, Table, and Draw.

2. Switch to the Commands tab of the Customize dialog and select the

Edit
category. Scroll down to the Paste Special... command and select it.

3. With the mouse, drag the Paste Special... command over the Text item

on
the Shortcut Menus toolbar until the menu opens.

4. Drag the mouse down to the bottom of the menu to make it scroll down.
Hover over the Text item until the Text submenu opens.

5. Drag the mouse over the Text submenu and drop the Paste Special...
command wherever you want it on the menu.

6. Repeat as desired for other shortcut menus you may want to add the
command to.

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"xppuser" wrote in message
Dear Suzanne,

Sounds like your pointers seems to be guiding me into the right

direction
but I still need some more help. I did (using the MVP link):

2c.)
Tools - Customize - Toolbars Tab - Shortcut Menus - Text - Text,

where
these options are displayed: Cut, Copy, Paste, Font, Paragraphs, ...

but I could not see Paste Special amongst them. Additionally, I do not

know
what to do at this stage.

Then I did this:

3.)
Tools - Customize - Commands - Categories (All Commands) to look

for
Paste Special macro to be added to right-click mouse button action but

again
I could not locate it. Similarly, at this juncture, I am at a lost as

what
to do next.

I would be grateful if you can be more explicit in your explanations

or
provided me with a more detailed step-by-step guide as to how I can

add
the
'Paste Special' to my right-click mouse button action in Word. Please

accept
my apology for any inconvenience. Again, thank you for your

help/advice.

Regards,
jes

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See the section on shortcut menus in
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...oToToolbar.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"xppuser" wrote in message
Dear all,

Office 2005, Wxp Pro SP2,

I want to add the Paste Special option onto my right-click mouse

action
i.e.
after I copy or cut, when I right-click the mouse to paste I want

the
Paste
Special options to be available rather than having to go to the

menu
bar
for
Edit - Paste Special to get the options. How may this addition be
achieved
if at all possible? Thank you for your help/advice.

Regards,
jes

PS: Apology if this is not the right section - not quite sure

which
section
would be the most appropriate for my question.