Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

Default Table on Top of Page

Marcel,

I don't know the technical reason why this is problematic. I suspect that a
PageBreak is not capable of holding a table object so a new paragraph (which
is) is created. You can work around it by inserting your table on the
current page and then formatting the first parargraph of the table with a
Page Break Before (FormatParagraphLines and Breaks).

or you could insert a default table with a macro:

Sub ScratchMacro()
Dim oTbl As Table
Set oTbl = Selection.Tables.Add(Selection.Range, 2, 5, True)
oTbl.Cell(1, 1).Range.ParagraphFormat.PageBreakBefore = True
End Sub

Marcel Dijkstra wrote:
Can anybody tell me how to start a new page with a table if the new
page is created by a manual page break (Ctrl+Enter). I always seem to
get a white line before the table starts. The only way which seem to
work is to manually enter a lot of white lines between the table and
the last line of text on the previous page. With enough white lines
entered, the table jumps to the next page, without the white line on
top. But this should be possible with a manual page break? Why is
this so difficult?

Regards,
Marcel Dijkstra

--