Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jeffrey Wilson Jeffrey Wilson is offline

Default Formatting a book with pictures in word

I have Word 2003. What I want to do is write a documentary book of my
families history. I have old pictures to scan, so need captions for those.
Then, I want to add some text to say who or where the picture refers to. Or
in some circumstances a picture of a headstone in a cemetery, but need to add
more info. What I've found is that if I insert some text or another picture
the original picture and text do not move up or down together. Is word best?
or is there some other software better suited for this. I have the entire
Office 2003 suite.

Thanks for your help

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?SmVmZnJleSBXaWxzb24=?=,

How can I add a caption to an image that I import into Word? Also, can the
image be fixed to 'move' with text as you add or delete text above or below
as you write a story?

In order to give you exact instructions we need to know which version of Word
you have. For the first, you'll find it in the Insert menu; depending on your
version of Word, under "References".

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org