Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
reuven1925 reuven1925 is offline

Default Word 2000 Split sentences

Yes,I did as you said ,without any response. But experimenting,On the
"replace' I pressed the delete key, which of course deleted all the paragraph
divisions leaving a continuous document with all the punctuation retained but
without any paragraphs. But tell me how is it possible with what formating
command to introduce all these unwanted paragraphs resulting in split
sentences? I have tried with a document, and it only possible if you
introduce these paragraphs deliberately by hand, or by making a macro.
reuven
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Did you use Find and Replace to replace ^p with nothing or a space?

"reuven1925" wrote in message
Thank you, your link was very informative,and I see there is a paragraph
sign
^ at the end of every half sentence, but I cannot reformat to get rid of
these paragraph breaks.
reuven

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/CleanWebText.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"reuven1925" wrote in message
I have downloaded documents from Gutenberg onto my browser, and then
pasted
them onto Word 2000. Then the sentences are split as this:-
How can I correct this, as I need to convert to Microsoft Reader using
the
"read" facility?
Reuven