Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Can't figure how to Automatically fill in frequently typed phr

Not only more but also less. AutoComplete required four unique characters. I
can use F3 after three (and perhaps even fewer).

"Weyana" wrote in message
Precisely. AutoCorrect can only do so much. AutoText can be far more
powerful. As it turns out, I think the F3 thing may prove a bit easier
after
all...as AutoText's AutoComplete suggestion disengages after you type too
many characters. With 2007's QuickParts, it seems you can type more of
the
prompt instead of just 6 characters, or whatever.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

But then you have to remember the prompt for the AutoCorrect entries,
which
is just as much trouble as remembering the names of the AutoText entries!

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
You might consider investigating autocorrect instead as this inserts
immediately.

Weyana wrote:
n/m. Crisis averted. Had a fairly recent backup that I remembered
about, but slapping Word around a bit got it working right again
anyway. Still...what an inconvenience. I don't know about you, but I
don't actually have the 'titles' of all my AT's memorized, and have
relied on that prompt. I think I may just switch back to XP for
transcription and save the new developer/"PageMaker" format for
fiddle-farting around with in my spare time.

Thank you both again for putting heads together to discuss this!