Jason Roberts

Default Envelopes and Protected Forms

I am creating a series of documents to simplify the work of a business owner
who is less than computer literate. One such document is a protected form, a
cover letter with fields for the name and address, along with four other
pieces of information.

Up until now, any time she typed a letter, this woman either wrote an
envelope by hand or, less frequently, used a separate envelope template. I
have since modified the envelope wizard on her computer to use her graphic
return address and have shown her how to use it. This works fine when she
types a letter on her stationery template, but not for forms.

On a protected form, which this does need to be for ease of use and to keep
her from accidentally corrupting the format, the envelope button (which I
added to her toolbar) and menu options are grayed out. The only way to create
an envelope is to unprotect the form.

If I attach a blank envelope to the form, is there any way to have the
envelope fields automatically populated with data from the letter? Is there a
field function or macro I could use which would take the name and address she
types on the letter and use the same information on the envelope, all without
any additional steps for her? Alternately, is there a way to make the
envelope wizard available on a locked form?

The solution would need to be a simple one for her to use.

Thanks,

-J.