Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MattM

Default Absolute hyperlinks without losing local hyperlinks! 2nd attempt

Hello everyone, on the 25th May I posted the question below. No responses so
far, just wondering that's because the answer is already elsewhere in this
forum? I'd be grateful if someone could direct me to it if that's the case.
Many thanks
MattM

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I am one of those people who is driven up the wall by Word's insistence on
turning hyperlinks into relative hyperlinks. We have Office files on a shared
network driver here and we commonly want to be able into include hyperlinks
to those files in our Word documents. We want this to work even if the Word
document containing the hyperlinks is moved or emailed from one member of the
team to another.

A suggested solution is to stop Word turning hyperlinks into relative
hyperlinks by putting an "x" or a "C:\" in the hyperlink base property (as
described in http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=903163). However, this then
breaks all the links between one part of the document to another. For
example, it is no longer possible to click on a page number in the ToC and
get to the page; it is no longer possible to use a hyperlink to a local
bookmark.