Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Lighter shade of grey for fields?

FWIW... the shading isn't any darker in Word 2007 than it was in Word 2003
and earlier. I have terrible vision, but found the field shading to be too
dark only once -- and that was on a laptop computer on which the contract
and brightness were maladjusted. After making a slight adjustment, the text
in shaded fields was a lot more readable. Or, to paraphrase Eleanor
Roosevelt, It is better to adjust the brightness and contrast than to curse
the darkness. ;-)

As always, of course, YMMV...

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"LurfysMa" wrote in message
On Sun, 27 May 2007 23:35:42 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

No, this is not possible, but you don't have to have shading enabled for
fields.

In case anyone cares, that can be done via:

Office button (Alt+F)
Word options (at bottom or Alt+I)
Advanced option (I thought menus were gone...)
Show document content section (3rd)
Field shading (set to "Never")

I guess the geniuses at MSFT were so busy designing ribbons and moving
options around that they didn't have time to allow a lighter shade of
grey. I bet I can get a large number of people to agre that it is way
too dark.

--
Office 2007 Pro on WinXP