Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default Labels-single spacing - how to make default Word 2007

Continued responses such as these will paint you as nothing more than a
troll and we don't feed trolls around here. Not even those who find
themselves with a problem and come crawling back seeking help. Once a troll
always a troll.

Now, if you aren't a troll and have come here seeking help then my
suggestion to you is to stop behaving like one. We aren't a bunch of
Microsoft cheerleaders. We're nothing more than users, just like you, who
are here to learn more about the applications we are using, either by
personal preference or forced usage. At the same time we don't want a bunch
of negative bs being tossed around. This is a friendly environment and we
strive to keep it that way.

So it's your choice, change the attitude and you'll be welcome here. There a
several around here that are or were in your shoes so I'm sure you'll fit
in. :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton

"COSMO" wrote in message
Good response re MSloth thinking we should follow their piper.

Unfortunately, I am stuck in a campus environment using MSloth 2007, and
I am a true died-in-the-wool user of Corel WordPerfect---have been since
before they were known as WP.

cosmo

"Icemaiden" wrote:

Well, I changed my "normal" style to be single spaced a while ago so that
doesn't seem to be the solution and I don't use the address block for the
merges, I put in each separate field. So what I'm hearing, is there is
no
way to set the default label document to be single spaced?! I have an
office
of 21 people that use Word merges with Access and I'd really like to be
able
to tell them how to configure their software to work correctly.

Sometimes I really dislike Microsoft with their holier-than-thou
decisions
on what they think people should use. Office 2007 is a prime example!

Thanks.

LT

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Are you talking about line spacing or paragraph spacing. Possibly you
have
the paragraph spacing in the Normal style set to have 12pts after it
and
because the elements of the address are in separate paragraphs, they
appear
to be double spaced.

You may also be using the addressblock which has each element of the
address
in a separate paragraph. Instead of doing that, just insert the
individual
merge fields into the label in the configuration that you want them,
separating each with a new line feed (Shift+Enter) rather than a
carriage
return if you want to retain the space between paragraphs in your
Normal
style.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Icemaiden" wrote in message
I've set my default template/document in Word 2007 to single space
for all
new documents. However, this doesn't seem to hold true when trying
to do
mail merge with labels??!!?? I can't seem to find a way to change
the
default label document - if there is such an animal.... I want all
my
documents to be single spaced - labels, envelopes, letters etc. - I
want
it
to be the default (don't want to manually change each and every
document I
create). If I choose to change to a different paragraph style, I
will! I
don't want MS to choose for me.

Help!?!?!
Thanks. :-)