Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mike.smith[_2_] mike.smith[_2_] is offline

Default Webpages keep opening in word. How do I stop this?

Hello,

your problem is that your htm (html) files are paired with MS Word.

So what to do:
Point your mouse cursor on the file you want to open.
Right click
Pick - open with
You will get a list of programs.
Pick Internet Explorer or Firefox
Then remember, this is very important.
On the bottom you will have a check box "Always open with this program."
Tick it and hit OK.

Problem solved. :-)

I hope it helps

If not, contact me via my website

Mike
http://www.mswordhelp.com
how to microsoft word; philosophy, tutorials, tips and tricks

"Why are web and email links opening in W" wrote:

Something happened to change the settings on my computer ( I guess) and
everytime I link on a hyperlink it opens in Microsoft Word 2007. How do I
stop this? I had this problem and do not remember how I stopped it from
happening.